Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas from the beach!

Christmas at the beach, NZ style!
Just a quick post to say Happy Christmas from NZ! I've put on some pics of Christmas Day at the beach... It is quite a strange experience compared to home, and Father Christmas certainly looks quite out of place here in his big red coat! Despite having spent the last 12 Christmases in France, my first traditional French Christmas was out here on the other side of the world with the big meal on the evening of the 24th - we even had some foie gras!
I thought I'd also this opportunity to say thanks to all of you who check this site and leave comments! Its nice for me to see that people are following my adventure and finding it interesting.
Have a very Merry Christmas!

Moutere Hills Vineyard where we're staying for Xmas!

Le dîner du réveillon!

BBQs galore

Family gathering

Ruby Bay

Feast at the beach

First ever Christmas Day swim!

Link to the previous post:

Oz to Nz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bwiiii Bwooooo!!! Great travels! I have wicked memories of Valparaiso, but it has been a while, so it will definately feature on my next South American trip.

(Just thought I'd ascertain that the person from NZ accessing your blog is indeed me, and not a random kiwi you may have given your blog address to on your hitch hiking missions...)

Just got back from my South Island tiki tour... will email you asap!!

Besos, Amelie

P.s. I need a postal address for you, as some Christmas cards have arrived for you.